- Bureau: Kavakava Architects
- Architect: Indrek Peil, Siiri Vallner
- Interior Design: Laika Belka Strelka
- Co-author: Sten Mark Mändmaa
- Location: Ida 8, Tartu, Estonia
- Size: 1885m2
- Status: completed 2008
- Client: AS RTG, Tartu City Governnment
- Photos: Kaido Haagen, Aivo Kallas, Lauri Kulpsoo
Kindergarten’s asterisk-shaped plan composes six spatially interrelated zones attached at a central node, with small outdoor spaces between each volume. This configuration produces a central core where spaces and people meet. A skylight at this intersection ensures the interior is naturally lit.
Exterior walls are concrete with small, colored triangular windows. The use of glazing and bamboo partitions reveal and conceal, providing shading and security, while minimizing unattractive views outside.
Continuous geometry throughout all design is used. Plan is formed by lines which intersect under 60 degrees with each other. Same way is developed triangle-pattern on facades and ceiling at the core of the building.