09. Jun 2020
Wood Works: Open Call for Curators
The Estonian Association of Architects (EAA) has joined forces with the Estonian Centre for Architecture (ECA) and Irish Architecture Foundation (IAF) to promote an international Open Call to select a curatorial team for Wood Works— a new exhibition programme taking place between Ireland and Estonia in 2020—2021.
Wood Works is an Estonian and Irish collaboration that focuses on the use of wood in design and construction in architecture. The aim of the competitive Open Call is to find curators for the Wood Works initiative, which includes a travelling exhibition, collaborative workshops and publication
The Wood Works 2020-2021 project supports an exchange of expertise and creativity between architects from Estonia and Ireland to establish collaborative possibilities between all participants. We are seeking applications for a curatorial team who together demonstrate that they are deeply acquainted with the architectural culture in both Estonia and Ireland in equal measure.
Questions and further information
Information Session Webinar: 18 June 2020, 13.00 Ireland time / 15.00 Estonia time. Webinar presentation can be found here.
Submission deadline: 28 August 2020, 12.00 Ireland time / 14.00 Estonia time.
The Jury will meet on the 3 of September at such time the shortlisted teams will be required to attend interview.
How to apply
- Please download and read the Curatorial Brief below. This document includes information on what is needed for the competition submission, entry requirements and assessment criteria.
- As part of your submission, please also download and complete the Quotation Template below.
If you need help to find a partner:
You can research potential partners using the following suggested sites for information on Estonian and Irish architecture and architects:
- The Estonian Centre for Architecture
- Estonian Association of Architects
- ArchDaily – Estonian architecture
- Royal Institute of Architects in Ireland (RIAI)
- Architectural Association of Ireland
- Irish Architectural Foundation
Alternatively, click here to complete Google form. After filling the form this information will be made available to all who are looking for a partner.
Last resort…if you would like extra help:
- Ireland: Blaithin Quinn, Curator of Learning, Irish Architecture Foundation email@example.com
- Estonia: Kadri Laar, Project Manager, Estonian Centre for Architecturekadri.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the brief please email Kadri Laar on email@example.com and the answers will be posted on this website regularly until the submission date.